Osiyo. Dohiju? ᎣᏏᏲ. ᏙᎯᏧ? Hey, welcome back.
So much has gone on and is going on. I’ve released a bunch of updates to the Cherokee Dictionary site and tools I wrote for use with the site. I’ll release a video covering the new elements. Suffice it to say I’ve got a bunch more to do. The goal is to have all of the tools complete with all of the site updates, features, and bugs by 1 Jan 2022. This is a lofty goal. However, I think it’s pretty doable.
I have so many features coming up:
– user management so users can create their own profile and lists and share lists with others.
– full conjugation engine (nouns, adj, verbs as applicable) – regular conjugation of verbs is complete, most initial prefixes are complete
– full word parser (nouns, adj, verbs, etc) – verbs are nearly done.
– WordNet integration – this is basically the ability to look up any word and it’ll be mapped to entries in the dictionary. So searching for “walked” won’t just come back with entries that have sentences with “walked” but “to walk”, “walking”, etc.
– I have 4 new Corpus or updates to existing data to put into the database
– Rework of the database so that it will accommodate the new data – and there is a lot of data coming.
– A ton of front end changes that users will be able to customize for their own work. For example, there are translators working with the site and they have specific display output requirements that they’d like.
– A rewrite of the search engine. I’ll actually be moving the query generator out to its own project so I can write a bunch of tests (unit and functional) to go with it.
SERINDA. Well, there aren’t any updates since the last one, actually. I have my edits on my BabylonJS branch but I haven’t been able to compile them. So, every once in a while, I attempt to compile them again. They compile without my change but not with it. I am also reworking the HMD so it is just for the display. That means I’ll be cabling everything to a longer tether. This is for a few reasons; the biggest one is heat. The LattePanda performs well, but adding it to the top of the helmet makes it get hotter. For now, I’m just working on my software. So, it may turn out that I use the MadGaze Glow glasses to utilize the cameras and display. It’s still my goal to get everything to run on a RaspberryPi. Until the software is ready for use there’s no point in working on hardware – especially since the software runs in a browser – it should be portable anywhere. The issue will come up with peripherals (read: cameras and other inputs) taxing the processor. For now, even, I could run it off of my laptop or Mac – I just want to get the software running again so I can get back to working on my interface. That brings up the crappy part – I had bought a T265 and D435 from Intel and they’re no longer going to be supporting them. The cameras still work and I have an OAK-D. So I have options. At some point I’ll have to look into wiring any of them up. It’d be really nice to have ORB-SLAM of some kind to be able to work with the cameras so I can map them to the HUD. Since this is another project I’m doing alone idk how long it’ll take. I mean, I’ve been working on this software forever and this latest incarnation for a while now. But, I’m still optimistic.
Egyptian Dictionary – I have several dictionaries of Ancient Egyptian. One Late Egyptian, and the rest are Middle Egyptian. I have to use them all to look up words when reading since most only include some words. I end up looking through each of them to find a definition and sometimes they don’t exist. The one I use the most is the Dickson Dictionary. The problem with it is that I can’t look up by definition nor pronunciation. I happened to find an older set of data and imported them into a database then with a little SQL magic I created my own dictionary for my use. Some of the hieroglyphs weren’t represented in the Unicode standard so I had to find many of them as images and create a sort of hybrid. In the end, you can look up definition, pronunciation, or by Gardiner code. When you find a definition it gives you a number that you can reference in the hieroglyphic section. It’s much faster for me to use and so far it’s had most of the hieroglyphs. I need to go through many of the other works and find any that I might be missing. I also have a search by Gardiner, definition, and pronunciation. There are a few items I need to fix. One of those is the hieroglyphic layout. Right now, they’re all horizontal. I am close to finishing the layout formatter so that they’ll be laid out like they should be with some stacking on each other.
Workouts. This is a rough one. Back in early July I was diagnosed with Pancreatitis and Duodenitis. They’re both very painful. They mean my pancreas is enlarged and the last segment of stomach connecting towards the small intestines is enlarged. I’m waiting for lab results to come back from last Friday. Then I have an appointment with a GI Doc. In the meantime, I rarely eat because nothing sounds good. If I do eat I stick with veggies and soup as much as possible. I set lofty workout goals thinking I’d be able to accomplish them this week. What I’ve actually done is cut my lofty goals down to something more manageable. I set the goals based on what I used to do like a year ago and not what I could still do. I struggle with the 30 mins a day, but I break it up. I do some cardio, then TRX and bodyweight work, and then dance practice. Once I get into it I find more motivation. For now, I’m not pushing it too hard. I’ll feel it out the rest of this week and see how it goes and adjust goals accordingly.
I think that’s it for now.
Until next time. Dodadagohvi. ᏙᏓᏓᎪᎲᎢ.