ᎣᏏᏲ. ᏙᎯᏧ? Hey, welcome back!
There are only three items I order on most menus in the US. A burger, quesadilla, and pasta (sometimes with shrimp, chicken, etc). One of my favorites is Applebee’s Three Cheese Chicken Penne.
I searched a few recipes and found this one to be the closest to what I think is in it. I have minor modifications to the recipe.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups penne pasta
- 15 ounces alfredo sauce
- 8 ounces combination of shredded Italian cheeses (mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone) – I found a bagged blend of shredded mozzarella and provolone and a bag of shredded parmesan (not the Kraft cannister parmesan)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Garlic powder or garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat pan to medium
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Pour some olive oil in pan once heated
- Slice chicken into 1/2″ to 3/4″ strips.
- Crush garlic and mince as best you can
- Cook chicken in pan: Add pepper and salt to taste
- Cooking chicken on a grill: Follow the instructions in the linked recipe.
- When chicken is nearly done cooking add garlic
- Add penne pasta to boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Drain the noodles and toss them with the alfredo sauce.
- Stir in the sliced cooked chicken.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Top with shredded cheeses.
- Take a cookie sheet and place aluminum on it. Take the bread of your choice, butter one or both sides to preference, sprinkle garlic powder or garlic salt on to taste. Add cheese if desired. Here is about how I made the bread.
- At the 15 minute mark of the timer place the garlic bread in the oven
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until the cheese is lightly brown and the mixture is bubbly.
- Top with tomatoes for serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. The biggest mistake I made was using a whole box of penne instead of three cups. There was so much more than we could all eat.
Until next time. Dodadagohvi. ᏙᏓᏓᎪᎲᎢ.